Welcome to RMKI

The KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics (RMKI) of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences became an independent legal entity on 1st January 1992 in accordance with the directive issued by the president and the general secretary of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. Earlier, in the 1975-1991 period, RMKI, as an institute with the same name as today, worked within the framework of KFKI (Central Research Institute for Physics). At that time KFKI comprised four, later five research institutes. The KFKI itself was founded in 1950.